Orthodontic treatment helps straighten teeth, but it may also resolve other oral health concerns. This treatment can be used to straighten crowded teeth that are prone to cavities because they’re tough to clean or resolve open bites that may cause difficulty eating and speech impediments. Protruding teeth, TMJ (temporomandibular joint) problems, sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, and malocclusions that can result in soft tissue damage or uneven tooth wear can all be treated effectively with orthodontic therapies.
Traditional metal braces can take two years or longer to complete, which leaves patients dealing with that “metal-mouth” grin and discomfort the entire time. At Wrigleyville Dental, your Chicago-area Invisalign dentist, we offer patients Invisalign clear aligners as an alternative to metal braces. The best part is that the treatment can be twice as fast and it’s metal and BPA free.
Call Wrigleyville Dental today at 773-975-6666.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that uses customized mouthpieces known as aligners (or retainers) that fit directly over your teeth. Invisalign braces are made out of clear, BPA-free plastic. They’re designed to be so subtle that other people will probably never know you’re even wearing them. You’ll wear these clear braces between 2 and 24 months, depending on how much movement needs to be done.
Although, the average treatment time is usually about one year. The aligners are changed every week to comfortably, slowly move teeth into the right position. Once your teeth have been corrected, you’ll need to wear an Invisalign retainer to keep teeth in the new position.
Benefits of Invisalign vs. Traditional Braces
Why consider Invisalign for your orthodontic needs? Some of the benefits that Invisalign clear braces offer when compared to traditional metal braces include:
- Improved comfort, since there are no metal brackets and wires.
- Fewer visits to your dentists for wire changes or tightening.
- Less irritation to your lips, cheeks, and gums.
- Improved appearance during treatment, and they won’t ruin your pictures (you can remove them shortly for pictures or meetings if you want).
- Easily remove the aligners during meals and when you brush and floss, which improves oral hygiene and decreases the risk of tooth discoloration and cavity formation.
- Shorter duration of treatment, in many cases.
- No difficulty eating or having food get caught.
- Easy to care for aligners by brushing and rinsing.
- Slowly moves teeth for minimal discomfort.
- End result is seen before the start of treatment due to computerized program of your treatment. You can see a time lapse of how your teeth will move and know all the information regarding your treatment prior to confirming treatment.
Wrigleyville Dental Offers Invisalign Braces in Chicago
If you’ve been asking, “Where can I find Invisalign near me?” and you’re trying to find a Chicago-area Invisalign dentist, Wrigleyville Dental is your answer. We offer Invisalign aligners to help our patients get beautiful, functional teeth.
To find out if Invisalign braces are the right option for your orthodontic needs, schedule a consultation by calling our office at 773-975-6666 or contact us online today.